11 January 2011

NO Pants-NO Pants!

I am sure, as parents,  we have all struggled with dressing our toddlers.  As for me, my son has decided that pants just aren't his thing.  Side Note - (Children with Sensory Processing Disorder, textures are a parents best friend and worst enemy).  In the past, I have purchased numerous amounts of pants that were made from various materials.   Fleece and cotton with an adjustable waistline have become my son's favorite pants,  but today was a new day for pants.  Getting ready for school, my son yells out with a fearful cry NO Pants, mommy, NO Pants.  Now this is not your typical toddler fit, but rather an SPD episode.  These episodes fluctuate in intensity, but today he was coming out of his own skin with anxiety and fear.  So I slammed my cold coffee, threw on a hat, and decided to play superhero one more time for today is the day where I create a new way to wear pants.  My first thought was where is my mom she'll know what to do. My second thought was he could just go to school with no pants, but it is 29 degrees out and the teacher might call CPS, but then it hit me.  Favorite pajamas layered underneath the pants.  Believe it or not, it worked.  Yes he looked a little funny with his pajamas peeking out underneath his clothes, but that is what you do when your child needs you.  Now you may be thinking I have officially catered to my three year old's meltdown, but for all those parents facing SPD on a daily basis, my hat's off to you if your children are dressed today!

4 comments:

  1. I love and adore you! Your little guy is blessed to have you as a mom! You inspire me to be better superhero daily!!! Hugs and Kisses from Roswell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are awesome! I wanted to wear my "jammies" today too! Love that little guy and his family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so proud of you! You always amaze me, but now even more. I Thank God for you and your obedience to him. We are all lucky to have you in our lives.
    love you beyond words!

    ReplyDelete