11 March 2011

O How I Love Reality

Sometimes I forget that my son has SPD.  I subconsciously know that the SPD is there, but I get busy running kids around town, buying groceries, and doing mommy things.  I look at it this way, either  I enjoy visiting lala land as a survival technique or my son is actually overcoming enough hurdles that days are becoming easier.  One could also argue that it is a combination of both and that we are just getting comfortable with SPD.  What ever the case may be, it is days such as these where someone has to remind me of his struggles before I snap back into reality.  I laugh now thinking of all the times I would get upset when others would focus on his inability's.  Now I just smile because I know that my son is different, but it is a good different.  He may not be able to climb rocks, but he loves deep.  He may get scared of unpredictable noises, but he has a spirit of peace that lights up every room he enters.  He may not speak perfectly, but he can sing like an angel.


So for all you parents out there fighting the SPD fight:


Rejoice in reality. Speak goodness over your children. Lift them up when the world wants to knock them down. Focus on their strengths and praise their accomplishments.  But most of all,  find comfort in knowing that our little ones are predestined for glory.   

No comments:

Post a Comment