14 February 2011

FIRED

I thought it was important to let everyone know that I was recently fired from my full-time position as a translator.  Although I took pride in this job, I am pleased to let you know that my translating services are coming to an end.   After three years of interpreting my sons mumble jumble, Branson is finally beginning to speak where other people can understand him.  He is able to hold his own conversations, voice his opinion, and even argue with his sister.  There are moments where he gets confused and moments where he reverts back to his own language but for the most part he is holding his own.  Daily my husband and I wait in anticipation to hear what he has to say.  I know his sister, Chandler, feels the same way because she rejoices with him every time he completes a sentence.  Just yesterday she would irritate him on purpose just to hear him yell "hey, stop that sister!"  Throughout the day we try to find things for him to talk about just to hear his voice and connect to his thoughts.  If I could, I would bottle up these days of verbal expressions just to remember every word he speaks.  I feel so blessed to have taken this road with SPD, because without it I may not have understood the true value of speech.

1 comment:

  1. This is so precious! You will miss his own language though! Wesley has always said that Cash is bilingual--English is his 2nd language! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete